At EarthBalance®, safety is a top priority and we take pride in our 0.72 EMR.
EarthBalance® is committed to working in an environment dedicated to safe behavior. We have established and implemented a Heath, Safety, and Environment Plan that has minimized work-related injuries and illnesses, not merely in keeping with, but surpassing, the best experience of similar operations. Our goal is zero accidents and injuries.
The Heath, Safety, and Environment Plan includes:
- Establishing and enforcing a Code of Safe Practices.
- Providing mechanical and physical safeguards to the maximum extent possible.
- Conducting a program of safety inspections to find and eliminate unsafe working conditions or practices.
- Training all employees in good safety practices.
- Providing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and instructions for its use and care.
- Investigating, promptly and thoroughly, every incident or accident to find out what caused it and correcting any problem to ensure it does not recur.
EarthBalance® carries appropriate Worker’s Compensation Insurance, general liability (including commercial general and contractual liability), automobile liability, umbrella liability, professional liability, USL&H insurance, and Jones Act insurance.