EarthBalance® has been implementing hands-on large-scale habitat creation and restoration projects throughout the United States and the Caribbean for over 30 years. We have experienced restoration scientists who utilize trained crews and specialized equipment to take on native planting projects of all sizes and complexity.
EXAMPLES OF OUR LARGE-SCALE PLANTING PROJECTS
• Gulf Islands National Seashore, FL – over 285,00 dune plant for a shore bird protection project
• Folly Beach, SC – over 100,000 dune plants for a re-nourishment project
• Key West Navel Air Station, FL – over 1.5 million native plants to stabilize wetland areas and create salt marsh habitat for the federally protected Lower Keys Marsh Rabbit.
• Port Everglades, FL – over 70,000 mangroves and wetland plants for the Port Everglades Wetland Creation Project
• Pensacola Beach, FL – over 380,000 dune plants for a re-nourishment project
• Myrtle Beach, SC – over 1 million beach plants along a 25-mile stretch of re-nourished beach
• New Smyrna Beach, FL – over 270,000 native plants for a spoil disposal site
• Florida State Parks – over 490,000 native plants at four state parks
• Patrick Air Force Base, FL – over 339,000 native plants on a 3-mile stretch of beach.
We also provide direct seeding for large-scale upland restoration projects. We collect native seeds using our Woodward Flail-Vac Seed Strippers and spread them over hundreds of acres with our Grasslander seeder.
• Our project team include in-house wetland scientists, marine and wildlife biologists, ecologists, botanists, and GIS Mapping and AutoCAD Specialists.
• We have our own full-time and experienced crews.
• We use specialized techniques and equipment that allow us to plant thousands of plants per day.
• We grow our project plants in our own 18-acre native nursery. Because we own the nursery, we control the results— quality plants and timely delivery.
From the initial site preparation through long-term maintenance, EarthBalance® provides turnkey restoration services for native habitats of all kinds.